Professional Certification for Solar PV installers
In the renewable energy sector, the supply of training courses for solar photovoltaic installers does not stop growing. This is mainly due to the increase in demand and the necessity to professionalize the sector.
Who approves the solar PV installation projects?
To develop any photovoltaic installation over 10KW, the approval would have to go through an industrial, technical or senior engineers. However, it would also be required that the installation is carried out and signed off by an authorized installer.
Such an installer would have to possess an installing license in electricity and/or low voltage issued by the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism.
Yet, such a situation poses two types of questions:
- A Solar PV installer could go about doing their job with an electricity license? Yes!
- Shouldn’t they have more PV installations-focused training? Yes!
This is where the professional certificates for installers come in, which certify acquired competencies through short-term and/or continuous professional training.
Two which stand out are:
- “Assembly and maintenance of photovoltaic solar installations”
- “Basic operations in the assembly and maintenance of renewable energy installations”
On SEPE (State Employment Service) you will be able to find the different types of professional certificates available and clarify any questions that may arise.
Moreover, we encourage you to check out the free courses page offered by INEM (National Employment Institute) for next year.
Vocational and education establishments are well-aware of the growth in demand for such courses and more often offer Master, post-graduates and courses specifically aimed at installers and professionals from the solar energy industry.
The content and prices vary depending on the establishments as well as the teaching methods, be them classroom or online-based.
A quick google search would show training courses and online Master’s degree:
- Courses for installers of thermal and solar PV by Fomento Profesional with a price tags between 100 and 500 euros.
- University Master’s degree in Renewable Energies and Energy efficiency by the university Udima with a price of 5,220 euros.
There is no doubt that there is a heightened interest for the designing and installation of systems of renewable energy generation, and for this, access to training and professional qualification of the installers is just another challenge that a sector so variable and complex has to overcome.
If you liked this article, do not miss Solar Energy Training